Sunday, June 6, 2010

Halfway Gone...

So here we are, June of 2010. Hard to believe isn't it? I remember when I was a kid and the school year just never went fast enough to bring us to summer, but then summer flew by in a flash. The adults in my life would always say things like "Time is flying by so fast" and in the midst of a dragging year I had no idea what they meant! Well, here I am...an adult myself and I can fully see their perspective! It's almost like how our summers used to be - only instead of the days being filled with outside play, vacations and sleepovers...we're consumed with our 9-5's, responsibilities, and just sleeping!!
I'm at a loss of words when I realize that 2010 is nearly halfway gone. I can remember back to this past New Year's Eve, celebrating with some friends up at my folk's place near Yosemite...my friend B and I declared that 2010 was going to be a much better year, because, let's be honest...2009 dealt us some hard blows. We had so much hope in this year, and here I stand, completely devastated by 2010 - and it's only halfway done.
In early March, B and I would say to each other in our hopeful tones "Things have to get better, because they can't get any worse!" And then we'd be blindsided by something worse. This repetition of hoping for the best and getting knocked down yet again has continued on...to a point where now, in June, we've decided we must stop tempting the Universe by saying things can't get any worse - because then of course they will!
I'm writing this blog, not just for me, but for B as well. Each day, we try to turn things around. We cry out to God seeking His peace and redemption...and to be perfectly honest - there has been a few days in which Joy comes. However, they are far outweighed by the days in which the worst consumes.
I'm scared to even hope, let alone ask, for the second half of 2010 to be turned around...but we need it.

0 comments: