Tuesday, March 3, 2009

and i'm feeling...goooodddd...

"Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom in the tree
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good..."

it's true. i'm doing alright. for the first time in a long time, circumstances in my life are okay. struggles haven't completely left, but i feel a sense of fresh air. in many areas. financially, emotionally, mentally, socially...

unfortunately, this is coming at a time when others are not so okay. i was talking to my dad on the phone last night and mentioned that i felt bad about my good fortune. for example: i had my review at work, and it went very well, got a raise. called my parents to tell them the good news, and after i was done, my mom revealed that my dad had lost his job and their store that they run was not doing so well. i felt awful. but my dad told me to not diminish my joy in this season. he knows a bit of what i've been through the past years, and said i needed a break in the storm to allow some sunshine :). okay, so he didn't say those words...i just made him a little more poetic in his meaning :)! i think what he said was more along the lines of "dont feel bad. we're old, we've had our good days. and now we're just getting ready to die."

HAHA. i know that sounds awful. but in the context of his 52nd birthday being that day...it was hilarious :).

but i just wanted to say this. to all of the people in my life facing trials of many kinds, you have a friend. i apologize in advance if i present a perma-grin to you...but know that yours is coming in due time. i've been through a refining fire in any way imaginable, and always have ears open to listen - as many of yours have been there for me in the past.

so keep on keepin' on my loves.

0 comments: