Tuesday, October 5, 2010

it's been a long time...

Wow.
I can't believe I've neglected this thing as much as I have! It's horrible, because there's so much to update on now! However, I just popped a muscle relaxer which is going to knock me out here shortly so I'll give a condensed version of the updates and hopefully will return soon to write more...

1) MOM. I realize this was the last post, and a pretty intensely emotional one as well. So yes, a few more surgical procedures later, mom has been given a clean bill of health and doesn't have to return for her check up for 6 months. The family is split on if this is a good thing or a bad thing...so we'll just have to wait. But I thank you all so much for your love, thoughts, words and prayers...and hugs :) over this whole ordeal. Right now, the SACRED in my life is the people. You take precedence over all things and I value you beyond words.

2) THIRTY. Holy cow, can you believe it? Yep, LJ is thirty. Dang. The celebration was fantastic however :)...finally got a vacation...flew up to Washington to spend some time with Brenna and finally see the Pacific Northwest! Such an amazing time, and I promise...an entire blog complete with photos will be here shortly! And for the record, I must say it's inevitable that Lj will be moving up there in the near future :). As soon as I got there, I knew it was the place for me. The age thing has been an issue for the past year, but it's really no big deal :), who would've guessed?

3) BOY. Haha. A strange "title" for an update. I think it's cute...but I will be honest, he's a man :). Yes yes...Lj is dating someone! Didn't think that'd ever happen again - how awful is that? But it has, and it was completely unexpected...someone I've known for decades...and boom - one night about a month ago it just clicked. His name is Aaron, and he gives me this grin that I cannot wipe off of my face. More about him to come as well :).

4) WEDDINGS. This title is even more funny given the post before it! Don't even go there...I wouldn't jump into a marriage after only a month of dating :). No, instead, I've found this huge passion in my life and am going to pursue it...wedding/event planning. Most of you are probably not surprised given my love of hostessing and need to be in control of every detail...but anyhow :). I'm diving in...

Okay, I feel the drugs kicking in...but I do promise that there will be more posts to come regarding these topics and more...consider this the theatrical trailer for Lj's blog :).

Good Night dear readers...

2 comments:

Summer Girl said...

OK You better post! I want to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And by the way we will be out there for Thanksgiving thru Dec 8th.

Alyssa Marie said...

Event planning? I didn't see that one coming. (sarcasm, sarcasm)

Good for you. You'll be the best.