Monday, October 11, 2010

The Boy




Little by little I will get this thing up to speed :). So here's a fun tidbit for you about the boy...friend...er...man...whatever...

His name is Aaron, and it's kind of a funny story. The first time we ever met was way back in elementary school! He's the same year as my younger brother, and was actually in the boy scout pack er whatever they call it with him and my dad was his cub master :) haha. We met up again years later (about 2000) through the college group at the church I was working at. Became friends, and that was about it...kept in touch throughout the years as we both went about our separate lives :). Well, I've been back in SoCal for over TWO years now, and I ashamedly admit that it took us that long to get together and hang out!!! One night I was at Taco Tuesday with some co-workers at a restaurant a few minutes away from his house, so I texted him to come meet me :). We sat there catching up for hours...then hung out again the next night, and then the next night...and you get the picture :)....

Some fun highlights so far:
*On the second night of hanging out, Aaron asked me if he could take me on a "real date" :) thought that was super cute...
*Two nights later he came over to watch a movie, but we ended up staying up ALL night talking...and watched the sunrise together on the golf course, cuddling in a blanket because skinny boy was shivering!
*That night, he told me it was up to me when we would change our facebook statuses! Ha...so sad that it comes to that!
*Aaron refers to my grama as "OMA", being as German as he can! And after the first time "OMA" met Aaron (which I should mention he was in his black leather motorcycle jacket), she referred to him as "that foxy dude" :)
*A couple weeks into our relationship, Aaron came with me to a friend's engagement party, where it was discovered that they had gone to elementary school together...small world!

You know there's more, but I had an 1 1/2 hour massage tonight and am out of it! We're nearing 6 weeks of being together as "boyfriend/girlfriend"...and it's been wonderful. Good times and some lower times...but all in all...this guy makes me so happy :).

0 comments: