Friday, June 19, 2009

and so it is...

fibromyalgia. the official diagnosis from the doc. after doing my own research (by way of my brilliant friend AQ and her persistence), i had kind of assumed already that it was fibromyalgia i was dealing with. but anywho, i went to the doctor on wednesday morning, did the normal run through of symptom questions - and she was about to send me down to the lab to run some blood tests for rheumatoid factor. so i tell her that the on call doctor i saw just a few weeks ago had already done those tests and they came back normal...well turns out, he forgot to note these things in my chart. so dandy. so she did a pressure point test (which was pretty painful, might i add) and came to the conclusion of fibromyalgia.
i guess i'm glad to have an answer. i'm just hoping it's the right one. and really hoping that the current treatment regime will work. she's got me on cymbalta to numb the pain receptors in my body, and also a prescription strength anti inflamatory to help with pain throughout the day. so far i've taken two days of the medication and no change yet. however, i'm dealing extensively with a few of the side effects, and it's making me angry. dizziness and nausea. so annoying to feel disoriented and like you're going to vomit every 10 mins. the nausea comes in waves, so i told my co worker this morning that i have a slight understanding of what she feels like when she gets her waves of hot flashes :).
so that's where i'm at now. hopefully my body adjusts to this medication soon, and that i can start reaping the benefits...

5 comments:

Summer Girl said...

Thats a bummer, hows it been going with the medication??
I am planning a week long trip with our Lil Miss most likely for the last week of Aug so hopefull we can spend some time together. I want to go to the beach and sea world and the zoo and then the beach again!

Summer Girl said...

I will be staying with my grandparents thru wednesday in La Mesa. I don't have any plans yet, but I also am flying in and won't have any wheels. I can email my grandparents and see if they have anything on the agenda and let you know. Yay!

Summer Girl said...

Ok So I checked with my Nana and they are cool with whatever. Nana can watch the Lil Miss while we do something during the day and then we can go back to their house and we can hang if you want to spend sometime with the baby if you want. Whatever is clever. I just want to be able to spend some time and catch up with you! The baby shower was not enough time for all the gabbing we like to do getting caught up! How long is your appointment? Oh and I don't think I have your email address anymore because I no longer have my excite one. My email is asovereen@yahoo.com so let me know ok?

LJSBACKAGAIN said...

lets just ck this out

Summer Girl said...

So thats so funny you posted on my blog because I totally dreamed about you last night. Weird, you were hanging out with one of my neighbors and left your wallet at my house. Oh I have a question for you. Can you get me Grant and Maggie's new address and when is her due date? Its coming soon right? Or already passed??? I don't remember. You have my email right? asovereen@yahoo.com. I don't think I have yours anymore. I think it got lost at exicteville.